Union Pacific Systems Administrator in Omaha, Nebraska
PS Technology, a subsidiary of Union Pacific Corporation, is currently seeking candidates for a Systems Administrator position.
This position is part of the Product Fulfillment team responsible for Systems Administration at PS Technology. This role is responsible for the installation, configuration, security, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of server hardware, software, and related infrastructure including physical hardware, virtual environment, LAN/WAN, VPN, Internet and telecommunication services to PSTs four locations.
- Developing and maintaining documentation on network and software topology and configuration
- Installation and configuration of network, systems and infrastructure
- Upgrading and patching systems and infrastructure to maintain integrity
- Performing daily system monitoring to verify the integrity and availability of hardware and key software applications
- Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures
- Performing user account creation and maintenance
- Monitoring and responding to support requests
- Maintain LAN equipment and services, including switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN.
- Perform periodic performance tuning and capacity planning exercises
- Provide storage and backup management
- Disaster recovery planning and testing
- Telecom management
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- 5 year(s) experience/knowledge in Information Technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Experience working with Windows PCs, Linux & Windows server, LAN/WAN/VPN, Routers, switches, firewalls, Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365, VMware, Jira
- Experience with scripting and automation tools for Dev Ops
PS Technology provides workforce management software specializing in rail crew management and timekeeping solutions. The group develops solutions to solve everyday challenges, improves efficiency, increases productivity, optimizes resources, reduces cost and consistently delivers measurable results. PS Technology’s cutting-edge business software assists companies in the transportation, construction, mining, infrastructure and energy industries to better manage people and assets.
Location: Omaha, NE
Closing Date: 03/21/2018 at 11:59 PM Central Time
Job Open To: Internal and External Candidates