Leidos Social Scientist in OMAHA, Nebraska
Leidos is actively interviewing for an upcoming opportunity for a Social Scientist to join our team at Offutt AFB, NE.
Serve as a Social Scientist in support of USSTRATCOM J39 planning
• The Social Scientist will provide emulation of adversary perspectives in support of USSTRATCOM planning and operations for SAP/STO capabilities which include strategic communication, messaging, escalation control, program protection, perception management, and information operations to include OPSEC and MILDEC.
• Employ red team tactics and techniques in support of USSTRATCOM future planning and operations for SAP/STO capabilities which include evaluation of potential courses of actions, analysis of alternative outcomes, and flexible or responsive options of operational branches and sequels.
• Provide social and behavior assistance that increase diversity in analysis to challenge institutional norms and doctrine in support of USSTRATCOM planning and operations for SAP/STO capabilities which include innovative perspectives and out of the box viewpoints.
• Write information papers, point papers, memorandums, draft orders, briefings, and other products in support of SAP/STO operations and planning. (CDRL A003)
• Participate in working groups, operational planning teams as a social scientist regarding current SAP/STO development, operations, and planning.
• Coordinate with internal, external, and interagency organizations on SAP/STO capabilities, development, planning, and operations.
• Ability to use computers, current software, i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, and printers to develop, maintain, and produce various briefings, correspondence, and personnel databases for internal/external use.
• Have an advanced (Master’s) degree in the required field of knowledge and have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience or knowledge in strategic or operational level planning.
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing to senior USSTRATCOM leaders, through clear, concise, and technically accurate written materials.
• Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with civilian, military and other contractors, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
• Proven staffing skills; practical experience and expertise with high level organizations within the DOD and other US Government agencies are highly desirable.
• An understanding of the roles and relationships of combatant commands, Joint Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense, combat support agencies and other relevant USG departments, agencies, and organizations.
• The ability to ensure information is technically correct, accurate, and complete, to prepare and present briefings and accurate, comprehensive reports to appropriate personnel.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.