TD Ameritrade Senior Voice Support Engineer in Omaha, Nebraska
To all recruitment agencies: TD Ameritrade does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, TD Ameritrade employees or any other company location. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
An outstanding career opportunity with a leading provider of securities brokerage services and technology-based financial services. The Senior Engineer will work to collaborate with platform operations team members to execute services supporting over 10 corporate locations, approximately 10,000 users, 2 major Data centers and 5 million+ Clients. This individual will execute lifecycle, maintenance and support of enterprise infrastructure platforms and must have the ability to function autonomously in a collaborative culture with focus on business outcome(s), impact to the firm and client service orientation.
The Senior Engineer will:
Perform incident response and break-fix triage for issues related to infrastructure platforms.
Infrastructure including but not limited to middleware, database, server operating systems, virtualization and storage technologies.
Partner with requestors to execute tasks provided via request portal for service delivery.
Conduct analysis and provide suggestions to improve the delivery of services by the team.
Execute and improve vulnerability and resiliency management strategies which includes patching, reboots, infrastructure testing and other proactive maintenance tasks.
Provide mentorship and leadership to emerging talent within the infrastructure technology.
Conducts peer review analysis and acceptance for new or modified processes to ensure sustainability and repeatability.
• Executes and provides feedback for operational policies, procedure, processes and standards.
• Provides subject matter expertise in cross-functional strategic and tactical efforts.
• Provides subject matter expertise and leadership in triage for escalated production incidents.
• Partners with key vendor providers to escalate and troubleshoot severity issues.
• Assist in developing engineering and operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery.
• Propose, design, and implement enhancements and additions to current environment
• Provide 24/7 on-call support on rotating schedule.
• Lead the development and execution of scripts focusing on the enhancement and efficiency of day-to-day tasks executed by the platform operations team.
• Collaborate with team members to provide feedback on the enhancement of operation policy, process and workflow.
• Evaluates and actions against metrics analyzing the performance of the infrastructure operations team to ensure timely and accurate services delivery.
• create and maintain System Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure.
• Provide mentorship and leadership to emerging talent within the infrastructure technology (in the form of cross training, workshops, and knowledge sharing).
• Conducts peer review analysis and acceptance for new or modified processes to ensure sustainability and repeatability.
• First and Second level troubleshooting for server and storage platforms supporting trading and client and associate services.
• Perform implementation, maintenance, remediation, and troubleshooting services for server and storage platforms supporting trading and client services
• Perform implementation, maintenance, remediation, and troubleshooting services for server and storage platforms including middleware, database and server operating systems
• Analyzes and executes configuration and audit strategies to assist in ensuring compliance with standard settings and security direction
• Provides delivery services as working member of a core project team delivering business projects.
• Collaborate with application owners to install, configure and deliver third party product installations.
• Executes the delivery of standard platform builds.
• Strong knowledge of Call Recording and Workforce Management Platform. Preferably Calabrio Call Recording, NICE Call Recording, and NICE Work Force Management
• 5-7 years’ experience in Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity voicemail, Cisco SIP Proxy, Oracle SBC, Jabber, and WebEx.
• Strong knowledge of Cisco contact center enterprise (UCCE) technologies such as Cisco ICM and Cisco CVP platforms including scripting.
• Strong knowledge of networking principles to include basic understanding of TCP/IP, IP subnetting, VLANs, Ethernet, routing and switching, DHCP, DNS and QoS
• Strong experience in Cisco Gateway, Gatekeeper configurations and administration, including SRST
• Strong knowledge of SIP and H.323 protocols
• Experience resolving issues with voice carriers.
• Experience with large scale call center environments
• Experience with tools such as RTMT, Tivoli, Solarwinds, and Splunk (nice to have: IR Prognosis)
• Experience with Window Server OS, VMware ESX, and Linux
• Experience with database technologies such as SQL and Postgres
• Extensive troubleshooting, triage, root cause analysis and performance monitoring skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend solutions and implementation of solutions
• Provide level 1 and level 2 production support and problem management
• Work closely with business partners on telephony related issues to assess impact and manage client’s expectation Work closely with business partners on telephony related issues to assess impact and manage client’s expectation. Understanding of security and risk, especially as it relates to patch and configuration management, logging, alerting and monitoring.
• Experience with ITIL and/or other similar frameworks.
• Experience with LEAN methodologies, leading Value Stream mapping sessions and driving problem resolution meetings with cross-functional teams.
• Should have an understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment.
• Background working in organizations that provide 24x7x365 support.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and work with various customers and management levels.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• ITIL preferred
• Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
TD Ameritrade is an equal opportunity employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe that people matter. We value diversity and believe that it transcends race, national origin, age, marital status, gender identity / expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, service in the armed forces, disability, thoughts, ideas and perspectives. Our commitment to building an inclusive culture is aimed at attracting and retaining diverse talent, clients and shareholders to the firm. It's a belief that's core to the success of our organization.