TD Ameritrade Senior Splunk Developer in Omaha, Nebraska
To all recruitment agencies: TD Ameritrade does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, TD Ameritrade employees or any other company location. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The team is responsible for improving the overall client experience by implementing, integrating and maintaining software which provides internal customers with the tools and transparency necessary to manage their application infrastructure efficiently. In conjunction to this , the team is responsible for proactively identifying and improving the services offered through process engineering and software enhancements.
As a senior member of the team, working in our highly collaborative environment, you’ll have responsibility for the hands-on development and implementations of Splunk dashboards, SPL queries and ITSI integration as a critical piece of our monitoring and visualization platform. You’ll participate in system design and provide thought leadership in the full lifecycle; from concept , data ingestion, data governance application decomposition and the creation of dashboards. You will serve as a subject matter expert for this monitoring and visualization platform , ensuing internal clients are following best practices the team develops and implements while gaining business requirements and the needs of the client. The ideal candidate demonstrate the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments while also working independently on other tasks with a focus on managing continuous improvement of service engineering, delivery, and operational practices.
• Drive the strategic adoption of our log aggregation and visualization related functions in partnership with TD Ameritrade technology & business stakeholders
• Leads moderate to complex monitoring and visualization implementations
• Participates in the design, logic and flow-charting, data ingestion , data governance, visualization development, testing, debugging, documentation and support of our Splunk infrastructure
• Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions
• Hands-on experience in designing , supporting and troubleshooting large scale Splunk infrastructures.
• Strong experience with the design and implementation of Splunk ITSI
• Splunk certification a plus
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
• Must effectively champion a data driven culture to effectively meet the demands of the business.
• Experience with creating a data governance model including ingestion, enhancements and monitoring the integrity of a variety of data sources
• Experience with integrating and ingesting data from various monitoring methodologies including server and network performance, web synthetics, application logs, application performance monitoring; including, but not limited to, AppDynamics, DynaTrace, KeyNote, Microsoft SCOM , Tivoli and Qualys
• Experience with mainstream log monitoring tool search languages such as SPL dashboard creation and be able to debug complex, expensive, inefficient search queries
• Experience with creating and implementing logging best-practices, log transport, data onboarding and field extractions
• Serve in the role of technical subject matter expert, assisting in the continuous improvements , development of and monitoring search best practices, through user activity audits and functional alerting
• Serve in the role of a technical subject matter expert participating in the design and implementation of visualizing monitoring-related solutions
• Participate in application/infrastructure capacity planning, trend analysis and performance forecasting exercises and propose recommendations to meet ongoing monitoring application performance and scalability demands
• Experience and working knowledge of common technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, GIT/SVN, Redhat Linux, Microsoft Windows, Amazon Web Services, JSON, Java/JBOSS
• Financial services experience a plus
• Splunk certification a plus
TD Ameritrade is an equal opportunity employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe that people matter. We value diversity and believe that it transcends race, national origin, age, marital status, gender identity / expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, service in the armed forces, disability, thoughts, ideas and perspectives. Our commitment to building an inclusive culture is aimed at attracting and retaining diverse talent, clients and shareholders to the firm. It's a belief that's core to the success of our organization.