Bank of the West Senior Relationship Manager/Construction (Business Banking) in Omaha, Nebraska
Senior Relationship Manager/Construction (Business Banking)
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Senior Construction Relationship Manager
Job Description Summary
Responsible for development of construction loans through effective calling efforts on clients and prospects. Provides support for RBG front line units in the area of small to medium sized construction loan development, underwriting, and provides construction lending expertise. This position is the most experienced level of relationship management and can be responsible for the largest and most complex construction loans.
Essential Job Functions
1. Administers RBG line unit new construction loan development (target loan size from $500,000 to $5 million), underwriting, and provides guidance on loan issues.
2. Works proactively with line units in the underwriting process. Advises on credit feasibility and discusses other issues as needed.
3. Facilitate the loan closing and funding process by working closely with Construction Loan Administration.
4. Recommends and implements strategic marketing tools for construction loan products.
5. Evaluates and recommends business development strategy to the Division Head.
6. Frequently interacts and communicates with frontline personnel, Credit Administration, and Construction Loan Administration.
7. Evaluates line unit's portfolio maintenance and monitoring processes.
8. Ensures construction loan meet Bank's guidelines and audit requirements.
9. May train less-experienced relationship managers.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in - Required
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Very proficient in construction lending (both residential and commercial, including marketing, underwriting, and loan closing) and commercial lending.
· Thorough understanding and knowledge of commercial credit related issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job: Sales and Sales Related
Location: United States-Nebraska-Omaha
Requisition ID: 035388