First Data Manager IT in Omaha, Nebraska
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Product Development, Client Solutions and Technology functions are responsible for innovation and advancement of our technology solutions across all of our client segments, and make a critical contribution to ensuring that First Data retains its position as a leading technology innovator. Our Product Development teams are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the product life cycle. Our Client Solutions teams deliver global solutions and expertise that make commerce possible. Our Technology teams develop a wide range of applications and solutions that enable next-generation commerce and create the infrastructure of the global commerce ecosystem. They also ensure that our data remains secure through their work in cyber-security
Position Description Overview
Position Description Overview First Data is looking for a highly self-motivated leader with a passion for people and technology. The ideal candidate has proven experience leading and managing in a Windows server production support environment. This individual will be responsible for leading a diverse team of system engineers and will work closely with application developers. Responsibilities will include managing multiple initiatives in a fast paced environment; resource and project scheduling; employee coaching and development.
- Is responsible for managing people, hiring, firing, performance reviews, compensation, and determining promotions. Is responsible for ensuring the execution of specific strategic functions and implementing high-end, business-wide, critical strategy. Provides guidance, planning and direction for business unit(s), maintains budgets and proactively allocates resources and time for the business units or functions supported. Performs additional job duties as required.
- Works closely with the IT Director to set direction for the Windows organization. Develops strategy for processes, procedures, and initiatives across the Windows server fleet. Provides technical direction to the team. Coordinates large scale initiatives, projects, and roll-outs.
- Assigns requests and incidents to the systems engineers ; reviews and approves changes to the Windows systems.
- Works closely with application teams to develop strategy for enhancing, upgrading, and maintaining their applications. Makes suggestions for performance improvements.
Scope of Job
Provides leadership across well-defined and homogeneous teams with moderate degrees of complexity. Is the leader for assigned resources. Coaches direct reports and subordinates within the functional units supported.
Interprets the IT strategy and aligns resources and people to meet strategy goals.
- 4 years of related technical and business experience. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications. Has good working knowledge of IT functions and business units. May have some level of expertise in one or more system(s), function(s) or business unit(s) supported. Has strong knowledge of business operations, policies and practices. Requires general knowledge of industry supported. Translates the IT strategy into action.
- 4 years of management experience.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems & ancillary software.
- Industry Knowledge
- Technical Knowledge
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT) First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.
Job: *IT Leadership
Title: Manager IT
Location: Nebraska-Omaha-Omaha - 7305 Pacific St
Requisition ID: 2274920