Kiewit Corporation Enterprise Reporting Analyst- Kiewit Technology Group in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: May 17, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 74841
The Business Analyst operates under general or minimum supervision under the functional area of the Enterprise Reporting team. Business Analysts will work with business teams to capture business processes, conduct assessments and document processes needed to create and deliver a reporting solution. They follow a list of defined tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders and technical resources to understand the structure, policies, and operations of a business team, as well as recommend solutions that enable the business team to meet its goals.
The position contributes to the overall governance, execution and quality of the Enterprise Reporting team and its general support functions. The position supports the Project Manager with project and portfolio management processes, tools and templates. The position helps to reduce costs and provide consistency through the Kiewit organization using the effective use of controls, processes and procedures that support Enterprise Reporting team. This position helps define technical requirements for the technical resources of the Enterprise Reporting team. They will ensure that the technical resources understand what is needed to create or modify a report for the business team.
• Consults with Business Partners to identify, define and document business needs and objectives
• Can suggest alternate solutions based on the requirements given by the business that align with the best practices of the Enterprise Reporting Team
• Selects correct reporting front-end application following guidelines set by the Enterprise Reporting Team
• Ensures all report metadata is documented
• Works with both the business users and technical resources to ensure that all parties understand the requirements of the reports that will be created or modified
• Builds master reports for business process areas
• Builds initial view from master reports for specific reporting requirements
• Works with semantic developer to ensure all required data is modeled in the semantic layer
• Works with functional leadership to design and create integrated reporting based on integrated semantic layer
• Works with end users, UI lead and technical architect to ensure the front-end applications meet the needs of the business users
• Participates in functional unit testing, and supports business partners in integration testing and user acceptance testing
• Ensures all reports leverage the Metadata Repository and follow Metadata governance
• Selects correct tool following guidelines set by technical architect
• 1-3 years working as a Business Analyst or in a role that required an understanding of requirements gathering and analysis best practices
• Preferred 1 year of SAP ERP experience
• 0-3 years’ experience using standard Business Intelligence reporting applications (Business Objects, SSRS, Tableau, MicroSoft Power BI)
• Ability to work directly with business users and communicate effectively using business terms
• Ability to assess situations quickly and offer solutions relevant to business processes
• Understanding of Master Data and Metadata and how it integrates in an Information Technology Corporate Environment
• Demonstrate initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while still maintaining high quality standards
• Ability to design a solution including detailed written/visual documentation with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Highly motivated and self-directed
• Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical business users and teams
• Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner
• Understand testing best practices
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team
• Preferred 3-5 years of Business Objects experience
• Proven ability to understand complex business rules and processes and then ensure that they are correctly manifested within the reporting layer.
• Experience building master queries to support ad-hoc business reporting
• Adept at building easy to use as well as highly formatted reports
• Experience working with DBA to performance tune the solution
• Strong Business Intelligence data model knowledge
• Deep understanding of Master Data and Metadata.
• Proven ability to work in an environment with complex solutions and models
• Proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines
• Proven ability to thrive within a matrixed organization
• Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and resources staff.
• Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Developer, Business Analyst, DBA, Engineering, Technology