Kiewit Corporation Early Career Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) Designer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: Apr 16, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 73982
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) department assists Kiewit Infrastructure districts in the process of creating, managing, and using data-rich 3D models to optimize design and construction. VDC provides value to the success of our projects by providing guidance on the use of 3D models, and supplementing our design partner’s civil/structural 2D CAD content with in-house authored 3D models used for clash detection, work planning, quantities, and existing conditions.
KIE VDC is seeking an early to mid-level Designer in the Omaha, NE office. The ideal candidate should have experience in both 2D & 3D design engineering software with the ability to translate ideas, sketches, and specifications from our engineering staff or client into complete and accurate 3D models and/or working drawings.
• Associates degree in computer-aided design, 3D modeling, drafting or similar program experience
• 0-5 years’ experience in the computer-aided design, modeling or drafting field
• Proficient in AutoCAD or MicroStation (2D & 3D)
• Experience with Civil 3D, Bentley InRoads, Revit or Navisworks is an advantage
• General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for civil/structural work
• Ability to comprehend civil/structural contract drawings
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
• Capable of recognizing discrepancies with strong attention to detail
• Design or construction experience is an advantage
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Drafting, CAD, Geology, Engineering