Nebraska Families Collaborative Diversity & Inclusion Manager in Omaha, Nebraska
Are you looking for a great place to work with a flexible schedule, excellent benefits, competitive pay and a chance to make a difference? PromiseShip is a fast-paced organization that embraces change and has a huge sense of purpose. We are looking for individuals who are motivated, compassionate and enthusiastic about helping children and families.
PromiseShip works to make children and families safe and healthy while creating a thriving environment. We have an awesome benefits package, promote community involvement, wellness, cultural growth, training, opportunities to learn and grow, and above all – have some fun while we do it. The work we do is challenging and rewarding. We offer:
- An engaging culture
- On site Company Kitchen and free coffee
- Wellness program
- Comfortable office setting next to a park and walking trail
- Employee recognitions
- Quarterly off-site All Staff gatherings
- Family Picnics, soup cook-offs, football party days
- Routinely On-site: Massage Therapists, Food Trucks
- Monthly On-site: Midland Pet Therapy Day
- Training and development opportunities
- Team atmosphere
- Did I mention a great, comprehensive benefit package and competitive pay?
If you are forward thinking, creative with a strong sense of purpose, PromiseShip is the place for you.
Diversity & Inclusion Manager
PromiseShip is currently seeking a Diversity & Inclusion Manager to develop, implement, evaluate and monitor programs and strategies that promote diversity within the company. This role is responsible for developing training and initiatives to create and foster an open and inclusive environment. The Diversity & Inclusion Manager serves as the HR ombudsman for diversity issues and will lead community engagement and outreach strategy in diverse communities. The individual in this position will establish and maintain constructive business relationships with internal and external stakeholders, diverse populations, and maintain integrity and confidentiality.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of diversity, inclusion, and community outreach strategy and metrics.
- Assists with the development of best practices, policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
- Designs, organizes and leads ongoing training on diversity and inclusion and provides diversity resources for management and staff.
- Maintains metrics and prepares reports for evaluating and measuring the return on investment of initiatives.
- Develops coaching strategies that build diversity and inclusion.
- Manages the Grasstops Leadership Development Program, ensuring program success and sustainability.
- Collaborates with all levels of staff to increase understanding and ownership for diversity initiatives and programs.
- Works with external organizations to network on agency diversity initiatives and fosters community relationships and collaboration.
- Represents PromiseShip at community meetings and provides feedback to administration and staff regarding opportunities to increase community engagement.
- Leads PromiseShip committees such as employee resource groups, Faith & Family Committee, and the Community Advisory Council.
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration, or other related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in progressively responsible manager of inclusion and diversity disciplines, including experience in affirmative action planning, employee relations, and multicultural affairs.
- Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Proven experience working with and meeting the needs of a diverse community.
- Knowledge of the community and service area of PromiseShip.
- Ability to build coalitions and develop and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Strong planning, organizational, and management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task; possess strong organizational skills.
- Aptitude to research, analyze and successfully resolve a broad spectrum of issues.
- Must be a positive, professional team player, able to manage project time constraints and work with little supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality.
- Must possess valid driver’s license with a good driving record, plus ability to provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Nebraska - Omaha
Employment Status: Full time