Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. Benefits Administrator in Omaha, Nebraska
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and the second largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world. Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, also provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers.
The Benefit Administrator manages the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs and performs a variety of support and strategic activities. This position is responsible for the overall administration of employee benefits in all company operations.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Administer the daily aspects of all benefit and leave programs including but not limited to: health insurance, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, disability, FMLA, PTO, and tuition assistance. Ensure all benefit plans are administered correctly and efficiently while adhering to regulatory and corporate deadlines.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors, third party administrators, human resources team, and employees.
- Coordinate completion of 5500 reports and discrimination testing for benefit plans, and coordinate distribution of Summary Annual Reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely Affordable Care Act monitoring and reporting.
- Administer Ultipro benefit software administration.
- Assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds. Ensure accurately and timely processing of invoicing for all benefit vendors.
- Manage multi-year wellness program that will encourage and sustain engagement, drive behavior change and reduce medical costs.
- Complete Benefit Support orders and submission to corresponding agencies.
- Review and approve electronic life events for new hire enrollment and other qualifying life events.
- Process employee 401(k) rollover forms and hardship withdrawal requests.
- Lead annual benefit renewal process and assist in benefit strategic planning.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefit programs and identify the company’s stance.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefit programs and assist with cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding.
- Assist with developing specifications for new plans or existing plans to maintain company’s competitive position in labor market.
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’s benefit package.
- Stay current on changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect benefit program.
- Provide back-up support to Human Resources team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field
- Previous 3-5 years of benefits experience
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification preferred
- In depth knowledge of benefit administration and legal and compliance regulations
- Aptitude to maintain highly confidential information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with urgency and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills for multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads
- Ability to adapt easily to change
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job includes but is not limited to: frequent sitting, standing, frequent computer use, and frequent telephone use
- Occasional travel (approximately 5%)
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, wellness program, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching.
All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Requisition Number: 18-0095
Title: Benefits Administrator
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Day
Post Date: 4/11/2018