DXC Technology Systems Administrator - Windows - (Top Secret Clearance required) in Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
DXC Technology is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer.
The Senior Windows Systems Administrator, is an expert authority on relevant Systems Administration subject matter knowledge, including security technologies, theories, or techniques (such as security frameworks and methodologies). Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Updates projects on an on-going basis to reflect current status of activities and tasks. Supports documentation, databases and reporting relating to assigned responsibilities. Develop and deliver presentations at senior levels for large, complex projects.
Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
• Installs, maintains, and upgrades OSs and applications for Windows environments. Knowledge of Unix and Linux is a bonus.
• Manages file systems and configuration. Provides recommendations regarding system performance and capacity planning to include new technologies enhancing current methods and technologies.
• Understands/adheres to and implements overall security policies.
• Assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding core infrastructure, including backup and restore procedures, load and performance monitoring, access permissions, hardware provisioning, hardware and software installation, configuration, and maintenance.
• Assists with software release and monthly system maintenance.
• Performs troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Assists in warehouse and disposition of assets.
• Perform all hardware, software, and firmware upgrades.
• Work with outside contractors, vendors, and support desks as needed for hardware and software support.
• Perform security Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patch actions as directed by the designated government Security Office.
• Monitors and audit system logs for system and network anomalies.
• Investigates and/or escalates security violations, attempts to gain unauthorized access, virus infections that may affect the network or other event affecting security. Documents and reports event(s).
• Assists in providing engineering analysis, design and support for servers, storage, firewalls, routers, networks and operating systems.
• Assists in the review and recommends the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security.
• Assists in providing oversight and enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites.
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities