SMG Ticket Seller in Lincoln, Nebraska
POSITION: Ticket Seller
REPORTS TO: Assistant Box Office Manager
FLSA STATUS: PT Hourly, Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Ticket Sellers. The Ticket Seller is responsible for tickets sales for shows or events by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Opens and or closes ticket window as required.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
- Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets.
- Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office supervisor or manager for audit.
- Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning coming attractions.
Files various records and reports. Performs related clerical work as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Physical ability to use hands to handle and count coins and currency
- Close vision ability
- Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends, and holidays
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
1 to 3 months related experience and/or training. Box office or guest services background preferred
SMG Participates in E-Verify.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. VEVRAA/Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled