SMG Operations Crew Member in Lincoln, Nebraska
JOB TITLE: Operations Crew Member
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: PT Hourly, Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Operations Crew Members at SMG Lincoln. The Operations Crew Member reports to the Operations Supervisor and is primarily responsible for performing work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events (setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment).
- Perform varies duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met including, but not limited to, loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies.
- Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, re-lamping, replacing ceiling tile, replacing filters, etc.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to Operations Supervisor.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility, and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, Zamboni machine, scrubbing machines or other light power driven equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, patrons and others.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and one (1) to three (3) months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled