SMG Cook in Lincoln, Nebraska
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Cooks at the Pinnacle Bank Arena. The Cook reports to the Sous Chef and prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with SMG's Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
The Cook prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with SMG's Universal Service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Properly prepares, measures, and portions all food items in a timely manner.
- Complies with all quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures
- Utilizes and sets up kitchen equipment to prepare food items
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet
- Must adhere to SMG dress code which includes wearing black pants and non-slip soled closed toe shoes.
- Performs other duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attentive and detailed oriented and capable of following procedures and taking directions
- Maintain valid food handler permit required by the Department of Health.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs and operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Kitchen environment -- noise levels may be moderate to high
Works frequently in a hot and damp environment
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc
- Frequently immerses hands in water
Education & Experience
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus
- 6 months to 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
SMG participates in E-Verify
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled