SMG Concessions Worker in Lincoln, Nebraska
POSITION: Concession Worker
DEPARTMENT: Savor....Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Concessions Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Concession Workers at the Pinnacle Bank Arena. The Concessions Worker reports to the Concessions Manager and operates the concession stand in accordance with SMG's policies and procedures and is responsible for providing a quality product to patrons in a courteous, friendly and efficient manner and utilizing our Guest Service Standards and Responsible Alcohol Service in all transactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare simple menu items.
- Sell items, collect payment and make correct change.
- Serve food and beverage quickly in proper portions and in a courteous manner.
- Check ID on any customer ordering alcohol who looks 30 years or younger.
- Maintain a clean, neat and safe workplace.
- Interact with customers in order to assure customer satisfaction.
- Assure compliance with company service standards, company inventory and cash control procedures.
- Perform assigned tasks within production and service time frames established by the company.
- Maintain valid food handlers and alcoholic beverage server permits required by the Department of Health.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Good communication skills required.
- Greet guests in a friendly manner and be professional at all times.
- Ability to handle money/make correct change.
- Ability to move quickly in a safe manner.
- Stay calm under pressure.
- Neat/clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Age requirements (19 years old) apply if serving alcohol.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, wipe, push, and pull.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Work hours are event related and non-guaranteed.
Training and Experience:
- Experience in similar facility setting preferred
- Must be at least 16 years of age
SMG participates in E-Verify
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to Apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled