SMG Concession Cook in Lincoln, Nebraska
POSITION: Concessions Cook
DEPARTMENT: Savor....Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Stand Manger / Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Hourly
The Cook prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with SMG's Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include the following.
- Properly prepares, measures, and portions all food items in a timely manner.
- Complies with all quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures
- Utilizes and sets up kitchen equipment to prepare food items
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet
- Must adhere to SMG dress code which includes wearing black pants and non-slip soled closed toe shoes.
- Performs other duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and understand food orders.
- Pleasant and friendly.
- Ability to communicate with others and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attentive and detailed oriented and capable of following procedures and taking directions
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow basic measurements and proportions
- Maintain valid food handler permit required by the Department of Health.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to cut, prepare burgers, drop and lift fry baskets.
- Ability to lift and carry to 50lbs
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Kitchen environment -- noise levels may be moderate to high
Works frequently in a hot and damp environment
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, include extreme hot and cold, depending on season
Education & Experience
- High school education is desired.
- 6 months to 1 year previous food service experience desired.
SMG participates in E-Verify
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled