SMG Alcohol Compliance Supervisor in Lincoln, Nebraska
The Alcohol Compliance Supervisor ensures that all local and state of Nebraska liquor laws are followed at Pinnacle Bank Arena, Pinewood Bowl and other SMG venues.
Essential Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Recognize and react to alcohol violations and get assistance when needed.
- Work during alcohol events at Arena, Pinewood Bowl or other SMG venues.
- Observe and report any policy violation of SMG Savor staff and Savor non-profit groups.
- Report guest issues to Manager on Duty.
- Check ID of persons drinking alcohol if they appear under the age of 35.
- Actively walk arena floor during events to monitor that the allowed number of alcoholic beverages are being purchased by customers.
- Follow the rules and regulations of SMG Food and Beverage.
- Follow rules and serving regulations set forth thru the State Of Nebraska and Pinnacle Bank Arena.
- Communicate activities at the end of shift with Manager on Duty.
- Reports to Concessions Manager or Manager on Duty, for assigned location.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Concessions Manager or Manager on Duty.
Duties and Skills:
- Good communication skills required.
- Greet guests in a friendly manner and be professional at all times.
- Ability to handle money and make correct change.
- Ability to move quickly in a safe manner.
- Stay calm under pressure.
- Neat/clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Minimum age requirement is 19 year of age.
- Ability to obtain Responsible Beverage Server Training, General Alcohol permit and Serve /Safe (City Alcohol permit within two months of hire.
- Bartending experience required.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, wipe, push, and pull.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Work hours are event related and not guaranteed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative
Education and / or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience in Hospitality and or Customer Service.
- Ability to ask for ID from someone drinking alcohol with common characteristics of an underage patron.
- Ability to identify a fake ID.
- Ability to communicate politely and effectively in the proper situation.
- Skilled with handling situations that may require additional assistance.
- Ability to maintain kind and helpful attitude.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages women, minorities, indivuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. Federal Contractor VEVRAA.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled