Google Hardware Operations Manager in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As a Hardware Operations Manager, you will manage a team of Operations Assemblers and Operations Engineers. You will oversee the quality installation of server hardware and components and take charge of complicated installations/troubleshooting.
Your team will install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). They will also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. They may lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Take responsibility for the management and implementation of multiple projects for your team.
- Ensure data center related priorities are consistent with company objectives.
- Oversee the computing hardware and networking operations of a data center site.
- Hire, coach and develop a team of managers and technical staff to meet objectives.
- Work with others to set and implement short term and long term strategy for the site. Identify problems and create solutions for computing and network architecture.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of management experience.
- Strong understanding of technical concepts of a computing infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of HVAC and power requirements for high-availability data centers.
- Strong understanding of networks and PC hardware architecture including maintenance and repair.
- Demonstrated strategic problem solving skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.