Google Hardware Integration Test Engineer in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D; lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
With your technical expertise, you create test plans for highly complex platforms (e.g., validating the interaction of multiple pieces of equipment at the networking and subsystem levels), and using your deep knowledge of component design characteristics, you diagnose highly complex hardware or software issues.
Our experienced Hardware Test Engineers come from a wide range of backgrounds with experience in software, mechanical, and electrical engineering. As a Hardware Integration Test Engineer, you will evaluate cutting edge IT systems throughout the engineering lifecycle: from concept and design review, to test planning and development, through test execution and reporting. As an engineer with experience in product integration, you will work with operations teams to help develop test coverage for issues that are likely to occur in the field and collaborate with design teams on the development of solutions to problems before they exist. You will also consult on testing issues for vendors and manufacturers.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with partner teams during product requirement definition, functional testing, integration testing, acceptance testing, and general operations feedback.
- Strive for efficiency and efficacy in requirements and design review, test development, test execution, data gathering, data analysis, and reporting.
- Investigate test outcomes thoroughly and participate in root cause analysis of undefined behaviors. Communicate findings and recommendations.
- Work with partner teams in design, operations, and manufacturing to ensure that systems are as deployable and maintainable as is possible prior to introduction into service.
- Provide system integration and troubleshooting support in the lab and on site in the data center.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in an integration, field engineering, or similar role.
- Experience providing engineering support to operations teams in a factory, industrial site, or a large-scale test environment.
- Experience troubleshooting functional and integration test failures that impact multiple engineering disciplines.
- Experience performing reviews and proposing design changes to improve product serviceability and maintainability.
- Experience commissioning and troubleshooting hydraulic systems.
- Hands on fabrication and prototyping experience.
- A team player with strong leadership and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.